OCR API - FAQ
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you store documents in your servers?
2. Is this service available 24/7?
3. Is it possible to use the free service in a commercial project?
Yes, you can use the free API in a commercial project, but it comes with no (uptime) guarantees.
4. What is the difference between the free OCR API and the commercial version?
5. What happens if you miss your 100% uptime guarantee?
Our SLA (service level agreement) is easy: 100% uptime guarantee - there is always at least one PRO access point available. If all access points would be down, please contact us and report the issue. In this case we will refund 100% of your monthly invoice.
6. What happens if I am unhappy with the PRO account for a reason other than uptime?
Please contact us. If we can not fix the issue, we will refund you the current month in full.
7. Do you store my credit card on your servers?
No. We do not store any payment information on our servers. All subscription billing is managed by Fastspring. You can edit, update and cancel your PRO/PROPDFsubscription any time in their customer portal.
8. What are the URLs of the commercial OCR API access points?
You will receive the URLs of the three global access points and your API key in the welcome email directly after you have signed-up for the PRO or PRO PDF account.
9. Where are the access points located?
The free OCR API access point is in the USA. The commercial version has access points in the US, EU and Asia. If you need a specific location, just let us know.
10. I am an indie developer. I am looking for a free/low cost OCR solution.
You found the right place :-)
11. Would it be possible for you to alert me of an upcoming planned downtime?
Yes. There are two methods to get alerted: Follow us on twitter or register for the Free OCR API level. We email all registered users if a planned downtime is coming up.
12. I’m getting the message that the API key is invalid. Does it take a while until it is active?
All API keys (free and PRO) are active immediately. If you have any issue with the API then:
13. If your question is not answered here,...
...please contact us.